Old Mangroves

Sunday, April 15, 2007

\m/

This blog post/entry is co-written by me and my good friend, Jenna.

In this post you will find:
i. Precious
ii. Bright Eyes
iii. Me
iv. Jenna
v. A Recipe for Spring Rolls
vi. A Drawing of a Water Bottle
vii. 1970s Economy in Canada.
viii. How Great it is to be a Jew


I. PreciousPrecious is about 5 months old now.
She has met Mickey Mouse.
Right now, she has a bad case of diarrhea and it is pretty terrible for everyone involved.
Besides that, she is good at sleeping and we cuddle more than the average person cuddles with a dog.
She has brown eyes, blonde hair, a slim build, and enjoys long walks on the beach.


II. Bright Eyes

This is the cover of the new Bright Eyes record.
It's actually kind of misleading because when the album is unwrapped, it's all just gray.

The album is very good.
Everyone should listen to it, it's good.

I'll be seeing Bright Eyes at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando on May 17th.

Bright Eyes cannot use a computer.

III. Me (Morgan)

My name is Morgan.
I'm a Jew.
Recently, my French teacher yelled at me and told me she was tired of hearing about my jewishness.
Happy (late) Easter.

IV. Jenna
Jenna told me to write everything about her.
So I'm going to try.
Jenna is half white/half black from Toronto, Canada.
She knows how to get McLean.
She leaves the secret cockatiels on the trundle bed with the watermelon flavored ice cream from Rite Aid.
She goes to school and is supposed to be doing her homework, so am I.
She isn't Jewish.

V. How to make Spring Rolls
On Friday, I was invited to an Asian household with some Asian friends for an asian night of blood, gore, and rice.
The only reasonable thing that anyone would really do in the situation is make spring rolls.
Here is how to make spring rolls.

Ingredients:
Shrimp
Basil
Cilantro
Lettuce
Thin rice noodles
Dried medium rice paper
Hoisin Sauce

Boil the noodles, drain them.
Put rice paper in between dampened paper towels. Cover them all with a dampened, clean cloth for ten minutes.
Peel and slice shrimp in half.
Cut up all the vegetables.
Boil the hoisin sauce with nuts.

When the rice paper is ready, stretch out on sheet, put shrimp, vegetables, and noodles on it. Roll it up, tuck in the ends first.

VI. A Drawing of a water bottle
Depicted by Jenna



VII. 1970s Economy in Canada
I don't know anything about the economy in Canada.

VIII. How Great it is to be a Jew
Some people don't understand what it's like to be a Jew.
Some Jews don't understand how great it is to be a Jew.
When the thoughts of the jew fro and the horrors of humidity are pushed aside, one can truly realize how great it is to be a Jew.
In the 90s, being Latina was trendy.
In the 00s, being Jewish is trendy.
Jews are lovable. Jews are huggable.
We invented the bagel. We are humble.
Only Jews can get you the best sales on clothing and balance your checkbooks like nobody's business.
I feel bad for the people who aren't Jewish (like Jenna).

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger opposite directions said...

This is the single most amazing thing I have ever read in my entire life, bar none.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

as a canadian mother or two precious bright eyed half jewish girls that love spring rolls and water - i must say the you and jenna have written a great post.

thank you.

love you xo

10:23 AM  
Blogger The Bruin Boy Bunch said...

now that I am getting a moment to really ready this post on a full screen..... I must say that you and Jene have an interesting take on the world and it will require many re-readings to fully digest... but thank for the smile that it brought to my face...

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home